Dear Heard on Hurd Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in our Edmond neighborhood block party! After a very long 2020, we are thrilled to bring Heard on Hurd back for the 2021 season beginning June 19. This year will look a little different than our previous seasons to provide a safe environment for everyone. We will continue to bring attention and focus to local food, local shopping, local music, and local banking in the OKC metro area!
We invite you to review the vendor information packet, complete all forms and submit them at https://mycitizens.bank/heard-on-hurd/vendor-application as soon as possible. Our vendors are selected monthly by a Citizens Bank of Edmond HoH committee. Our committee works to have a variety of unique vendors with diverse products to fulfill the tastes of our audiences.
We will do our best to make the event the best it can be, however we cannot fulfill all requests. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
Thank you for your continued support of Heard on Hurd; it would not be possible without our amazing community!
Cheers to 2021!
Citizens Bank of Edmond
Heard on Hurd Manifesto
Citizens Bank of Edmond started Heard on Hurd to be a family-friendly, local community gathering where everyone is invited to have great time in downtown Edmond on a Saturday night. Heard on Hurd is an authentic block party style festival that proves to be an excellent opportunity to reach the Edmond community. Edmond has a special vibe of its own and we want to first and foremost provide an outlet for our community to shine. The goal of Heard on Hurd is to create a unique atmosphere large enough to bring in diverse audiences and vendors, but small enough to see a neighbor or friend. Heard on Hurd highlights the importance to shop, eat and dine local. At the heart of Heard on Hurd is our community bank, which is proud to provide the means for so many local thriving businesses. We invite you to be a part of the Heard on Hurd movement! You can help us by writing a review for Heard on Hurd, sharing your social media posts with the hashtag #JoinTheHurd, and bringing your friends and family to the event. By being at the festival and sharing your experience, you’re an active part of the #JoinTheHurd movement. Thank you for your support!
- Please be sure to complete all included forms (including OK health department state license number for food vendors, OK state tax permit number, and signed agreement).
- Food and amusement vendors must be able to add “Citizens Bank of Edmond” to their insurance policy and provide documentation prior to participating in the event.
- Please be aware that the nonrefundable monthly fee must be collected one-month calendar date prior to the event. See addendum A below for details on the fees.
- Only applications completed online will be accepted. Faxed, mailed or forms handed in at the bank will NOT be accepted.
- If you do not have a physical product to sell, please be aware of the following:
- We will only allow a limited number of non-goods Pop-Ups at Heard on Hurd.
- You must provide a children’s activity or something beyond handing out fliers and merchandise in your application.
What kind of vendors do you normally accept into Heard on Hurd?
We love diversity and being able to provide many different types of merchants and cuisines at Heard on Hurd. We accept local food trucks, artisan Pop-Up shops and a monthly non-profit. Citizens Bank of Edmond customers are given priority in selection---we certainly invite you to join the Citizens family!
Why is electricity not provided?
Due to safety reasons, our circuits cannot support everyone being plugged into the outlets in downtown Edmond. Vendors can use generators if needed.
Why are state licenses and state tax permits required of vendors?
We aim to provide a high-quality event that is safe and beneficial for the community. All food vendors must be approved by the health department and are inspected on a monthly basis so that our attendees can receive the highest quality of food. State tax permits are required so that the event can support the community holistically by benefitting the vendors who sell the merchandise and to the city who provides the space for us to have the event. It’s a win-win for the community!
What is each vendor responsible for?
Each vendor is responsible for their own set up and tear down. Vendors MUST stay in their designated position for the duration of the event due to safety reasons. Leaving prior to the event conclusion will result in termination from future Heard on Hurd events.
What type of products for Pop-Up shops are you looking for?
Artisan products, clothing, gifts, vintage, home decor. We are not accepting direct sales representatives or consultants at this time.
Can I apply as an alcohol vendor?
Currently, we are not accepting any new alcohol vendors for the 2021 season. Heard on Hurd aims to be a family friendly event and therefore, we will limit the number of alcohol vendors as to provide a safe environment for all. However, our awesome downtown restaurants/bars have alcohol and includes a great environment to consume it. Check out some downtown Edmond establishments such as The Patriarch, Frenzy Brewing, Othello’s, and The Mule.
Vendor Agreement and Requirements
The event organizer, Citizens Bank of Edmond (Heard on Hurd), must approve each vendor for participation in the event. Vendors not included in the approved vendor list will not be permitted to participate in the event. Vendors will not be approved by Citizens Bank of Edmond (CBE) Heard on Hurd organizers unless all requirements are met. Vendors shall submit all documents to the event organizer. Vendors shall NOT submit any CBE Heard on Hurd documents directly to the City Special Events Committee, Oklahoma City County Health Department (OCCHD), or other partner organization.
A vendor is any individual or organization who is participating in Heard on Hurd to provide products, services or information.
* Food / Beverage Vendors: Selling or sampling food / beverage products
* Retail Vendors: Selling merchandise
* Arts & Crafts Vendors: Selling handcrafted products (non‐food/beverage)
* Amusements Vendors: Providing recreational activities such as inflatables or mechanical rides/devices or service activities such as face painting, hair braiding, etc.
Insurance may be required of vendors depending on the nature and type of vendor. Below is a list of vendors who must provide insurance. Please contact CBE Heard on Hurd organizers for more information regarding insurance requirements.
* Food / Beverage Vendors
* Amusements Vendors
If insurance coverage is required, the policy must name Citizens Bank of Edmond, its employees, agents, volunteers and officers as additional insureds as pertaining to the insured's participation in Heard on Hurd. Please send over a copy of the insurance information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food vendors include food trucks-trailers, stands, tents, canned and/or packaged foods, etc.
- All food/beverage vendors must have obtained all required State licenses with the Oklahoma City County Health Department (OCCHD). State licenses must be kept on-site and available for review by OCCHD.
- Food/beverage vendors must be present and setup by no later than 5pm on the day of event to allow time for an on-site, day-of-event inspection by OCCHD. Any vendors not present by 5pm will not be allowed to participate. Setup begins at 4pm on the day of event.
- Food/beverage vendors must provide a completed Food/Alcohol Vendor Information sheet 20 calendar days prior to event.
- The sale of alcoholic beverages will not be permitted by food/beverage vendors except for the designated alcohol vendor selected by event organizers.
- All vendors must have a valid Oklahoma Sales Tax permit at the event and provide proof of permit to event organizers 20 calendar days prior to event.
REMINDER: Use of open flame for cooking requires that you contact event organizers (405-341-6651) so that the Edmond Fire Prevention (405-216-7303) can be notified. This includes propane systems on food trucks-trailers.
Retail/Arts & Crafts/Amusement Vendors:
Vendors selling merchandise, handcrafted products (non-food/beverage), those providing information, promotional materials, or free services and those providing recreational activities.
- All vendors must have a valid Oklahoma Sales Tax permit on site and provide proof of permit to event organizers 20 calendar days prior to event.
- All vendors are responsible for their entire booth set up. (e.g. tables, chairs, displays, signs etc.).
- All vendors must provide a completed Retail Vendor Information sheet 20 calendar days prior to event.
- Setup for vendors begins at 4pm on the day of event (if you show up prior to 4pm, you must wait outside the barricades). All vendors must be present by 5pm. Any vendors not present by 5pm will not be allowed to participate.
- All service-related vendors must display the following sign at their table: "Use of this service is at your own risk. Citizens Bank of Edmond is not responsible/liable for your use of this service."
REMINDER: Use of open flame requires that you contact event organizers (405-341-6650) so that the Edmond Fire Prevention (405-216-7303) can be notified. This includes propane systems, fire pits, etc.
Banners: The hanging of banners is subject to approval by event organizers.
Tents or Tables: All tents and tables are subject to approval by event organizers and may be inspected by the City of Edmond Building Department.
Paint: Under no circumstances will paint or spray chalk or any substance that will remain visible for more than 48 hours be applied to the street or any part of the right of way or public/private property.
Any vendor who fails to arrive to the event, or cancels their participation, will not be refunded any fees or deposits, paid to Citizens Bank of Edmond.
If Citizens Bank of Edmond proactively cancels the scheduled event, due to an Act of God, natural disaster or other public emergency, bona fide good faith attempts to reschedule the event will be made prior to issuing a refund to vendor. Should a reschedule of the cancelled event not be possible, Citizens Bank of Edmond will refund fees paid by the vendor.
Heard on Hurd Fee Structure
The HoH Committee makes vendor selection and placement based on a variety of factors. Social media activity, past HoH participation and having a business account with CBE are considered. The HoH Committee will do their best to fulfill all requests but please remember the selection and placement is only a preference and not guaranteed. Payment will be due at least one-month calendar date prior to event to reserve your spot UPON SELECTION by the HoH committee. If payment is not received one month prior to calendar date of the event, the spot will be forfeited to the next vendor on the list.
Food Trucks: $250
Retail Vendors: $150
Being a Customer Pays, Literally!*
*The CBE Customer Discount will be awarded if the Vendor has their active operating business account at Citizens Bank of Edmond. Account must be listed in the Vendor Information space below. Citizens Bank of Edmond and the Heard on Hurd Committee reserves the right to award customer discount based off of their discretion.
CBE Customer Discounted Rates
Food Trucks: $200
Retail Vendors: $100