Enroll Info Log In
Open a Personal Account
Open a Business Account
Online Banking
Consumer Credit Card Application
Mortgage Center
Secure Document Upload
Military Programs
Secure Document Upload
Heard on Hurd
Military Programs
Log In
Enroll Now

Victim Reporting

Back to Security Center

Help! I think I've been a victim of Identity Theft!

If you think you've been a victim, there are some immediate steps you should take to minimize the hassle you might face, to secure your accounts, and to minimize your personal liability.

First, notify your bank that you think your accounts may have been compromised. Explain your situation to a Personal Banker, and they will help you create new accounts to replace ones that may be exposed.

Next, notify the police to file a report. You may need a copy of the police report to submit to various agencies showing that you have been a victim of fraud.

Notify the three Credit Reporting agencies. They can help you put a notice on your credit report, making it easier for authorities to find the individuals responsible for the fraud, as well as protecting you from further credit fraud.

Then, file a record with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC gathers information on Identity Theft, and maintains a database on identity theft cases.


Online Resources

Anti-Virus Resources

Identity Theft Tips

Information Computer Threats

Credit Report Information

Additional Resources

Back to Security Center